Sign in to Tagboard on Your Computer
- Go to www.Tagboard.com and click the "Sign in" button
- Use your personal Twitter handle (if it's the first time signing in, please make sure to email your station Tagboard champion and let them add you to your stations's Master Tagboard Account.)
If you are the station Tagboard champion you will use the station's Twitter account handle to sign in to your Master Tagboard Account.
- Go to the top right hand corner and click on the "+" button to create a tagboard.
• #Hashtag - Choose a hashtag that you want to automatically aggregate content into your "Latest tab" of your tagboard. This initial hashtag will also show on your live displays.
• Description - Enter a description of what social media topics you will add to this tagboard, and where you will use this tagboard (e.g. 5pm news, web embed, breaking news, etc).
• Account - If available, choose your station's Tagboard Account (e.g. KING 5 News)
• You're ready! Press the blue "Create tagboard" button
Team Member Tagboard Creation
Note that if you are signed in as a Team Member to a master Tagboard account, you will need to make sure you select that master account from the dropdown at the top
There are three ways to produce a social story, and you can do it either way throughout this step:
You can produce your story from the Latest tab, which pulls in all the public content from Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr with the main tagboard hashtag (your Tagboard title) and any additional hashtags added in the Social Feeds section of the tagboard settings.
You can upload public social media content from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Page Posts, Facebook Posts to Public Pages, Facebook Comments and YouTube posts through the "Feature Post via URL" tool. Click the Load Post button on the left side of the tagboard toolbar to start manually featuring posts.
This tool allows you to feature/display ANY public post from Twitter, Instagram or from a Public Facebook Page via the post URL (even if it does not have a #hashtag.)
Tagboard for Google Chrome
Our Google Chrome extension gives you quick and easy access to all your tagboards. Additionally, if you have an upgraded account, you can feature posts directly from the social networks right onto your tagboard.
- Choose the display dropdown on the right hand side of the screen
- Select the display you want, and you're ready to go live!
Display Options (the options included may depend on which account type you have)
- Isolated - single-post animated display.
- Grid - multi-post grid animated display.
- Lower Third - single-post animated display for the lower third of your screen.
- Lower Third Scroll - single scrolling post animated display for the lower third of your screen.
- Ticker - scrolling text and animated post display for the lower crawl area of your screen.
- Warp - single-post animated display with posts flying in the background.
- Heatmap - Google Maps powered and single-post animated display with hot spots as indicators for geo-tagged posts.
- Postcard - single-post animated display that resembles a stack of post cards.
- Cinematic - single-post animated display with full-screen media.
- Waterfall - multi-post display with columns of posts animating continuously.
- Waterfall Interactive - multi-post display with columns of posts animating continuously. Users can interact with the display by touching and enlarging the posts that are on screen. This display is ideal for a touchscreen TV or monitor.
- Hashtag Battles - display that allows you to visualize and compare up to 4 competing hashtags against each other.
- Mosaic - multi-post display with single-post pop-out animation.
Embed Options - To Embed content on your page please see Embedding a Tagboard
Please let us know if you have any questions by emailing us at [email protected]. We are happy to jump on a quick call too.
Updated almost 5 years ago